2.4K views
Featured Not resolved

Bought a package of Suzy Q's from the supermarket. When I took one out of the wrapper, it smelled like nail polish remover, rather than the usual devil's food cake smell.

I took a bite to be sure that it wasn't my nose messing with me.

The smell messed with my tastebuds and it tasted like nail polish remover aswell. Not sure if it's just the regular smell and taste or if they messed up on that one (or that batch) in the factory.

Review about: Hostess Brands Suzy Qs Cake.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

When I was a kid Ding Dongs were so fresh compared to what they are now. They used to be wrapped in aluminum foil and I will never forget unwrapping it and the freshness it had. Now they taste like garbage to me.

will they please go back to the original suzyQ cake recipe? First they messed with the cake,then they put the original cake back out-but the filling is wrong now! People who have been eating certain brands all their lives know the difference

Hostess screwed their bakers and drivers out of jobs in 2012.

Most likely their products are being produced in factories out of the country or by underpaid employees who just don't care!!

to Shelby #1396221

Hostess was screwed by greedy union employees lets tell it for what it is here.

to Anonymous #1514564

Nope Greedy CEOs are the reason, products were flying off the shelves still shut down despite the massive amount of money they were making then sold to mexico all so said CEOs could make more of a buck than they already were by mining the company out from under themselves(read the employees) by making their products in a place with next to zero food safety standards and a high chance of getting a bag of coke or herion inside your favorite snack.

Mine are zingers and it smells the same. Like acrylic nail powder

to Anonymous #1420132

I used to work in the food industry, if it smells like that, then the date on the food product has been changed, and the product is expired, don't believe me? Get some nail polish remover and rub it across the print date and see how it only *** the date and nothing else.

You've received a divine message warning you to stop eating that stuff.

aliens_amoung_us
to Pedro #1375589

^ That too. Hostess uses animal fat and animal shortening in all their products, so they are horrible for your health and body. Unless you like that, then carry on.

to Pedro #1393277

Hahaha! I know right???

They still put in their mouth even though it "Didn't smell right"! Smh!

Who does that??? I can see these people on My 600 pound life.

to Crystal #1520672

Lmao

aliens_amoung_us

You will want to contact Hostess directly, and make sure to give the information (such as expire date, and any codes) off of the wrapper.