I agree 100% with all the negative comments about the new Suzy Q's. I purchased a box today. The cake was dry and not at all chocolatey as were the original Suzy Q's. The filling is also bland.

I used to take two of the Suzy Q's and remove one of the cake "sides" from each of them and then put the remaining two together. I guess you'd call it a "double stuff" Suzy Q.

In any event I returned the remaining ones to Ralph's for a refund.

I also called the consumer line for Hostess to share my comments. She stated that evidently the production facility that had produced mine didn't have the right equipment to produce the older oval shape. I told her the shape was somewhat irrelevant as the overall product sucked and that it's unfortunate that the company is trying to pass it off as being anything like the original Suzy Q.

This person wrote the review hostess brands suzy qs cake from Hostess Brands. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Hostess Brands to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Little Debbie. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Hostess Brands for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Los Osos, California, United States #1233222

Ditto....I just finished writing Hostess with similar comments.

What's so difficult about digging out the old recipe and using it?

They are probably cutting corners on their product to maximize profit.Well, Suzy-Q's will become a dinosaur very quickly unless they bring it back to "original".

Lansing, Michigan, United States #1193946

All of it now is AWFUL!!SUSYQS ARE NASTY, CAN'T BELIEVE THEY CAN SCREW THIS UP SO BADLY!!

YUK YUP YUK!!WON'T BUY ANY OF THE HOSTESS PRODUCTS EVER AGAIN!!