I purchased a pack of powdered doughnuts at sheetz today 1/20/16 in harrisburg, pa and opened them & IMMEDIATELY it smelled of strong chemicals.Basically smelled exactly like a nail salon.

I def wasnt going to eat them but thought maybe it was in my head so tried half of 1 & spit it right back out. Also found furry mold inside another. I started googling which led me here & searched twitter.

Apparently this is a wide spread problem.Im disgusted!

Review about: Hostess Brands Doughnut.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Hostess Brands?

Comments

I am having the same problem.I just opened a package of the "crunch" donuts and popped one on my mouth.

Yuck! They tasted like burnt plastic/chemicals. They definitely smell awful. I've been googling it.

Your review is the most recent one I have found. I found several a year or two old. Evidently this has been going on for awhile.

That makes me even more disappointed.

Hostess Brands - Scary Cakes TOO SCARY TO EAT!!! Hostess Brands " Went to eat a scary cake today and unwrapped it and there was some "white stuff" on the outside of the cake like mold so I looked at the other..." Read more Hostess Brands - Mini Blueberry Muffins Hostess Brands "my son came in after eating TWO of the four muffins saying "Mom, these aren't blueberry muffins, they taste weird." I looked and found MOLD..." Read more Hostess Brands - Very upset Hostess Brands "I love Twinkies I have from the beginning, But I just bought a box of them and they are half the size as they were. They were almost flat I..." Read more Hostess Brands - Hostess Powdered Donettes Hostess Brands "Ate garlicky tasting one. Thought I was tripping that it smelled weird, like gas or polish remover. Gave it to my coworker to check and he found mold. NASTY. Later..." Read more Wayside Gardens - Wasted Money Wayside Gardens "Almost none of the plants arrived with any potential for growing - badly packed, damaged, too small to withstand transportation, dried out, and dead on arrival. Complaints (three) to the..." Read more Window World - Windows shut, but not locked-poor excuse ! Window World "Had very heavy rains past two weeks and of course, when it rains very heavy, anyone with common sense would not leave their windows wide open. Window World was contracted..." Read more It Works - Deception It Works "placed first order 7/13/17 with rep ms. howell who said if i became a product model [meaning i'd promise to buy 2 more months of any product], i'd get my..." Read more Flitflop Limited - Great Disappointment to FlitFlop After-sales service. Flitflop Limited "Dear Families & Friends, As mentioned to you all earlier, just to share with you that my father faced some issues when comes to defects on FlitFlop products. Attached below..." Read more