1 comment

My husband bought me a Hostess double chocolate mega muffin for lunch. When I opened it, I took a small bite.

First thing I noticed was the taste. It stated off, like old bread that has been wet, the dried off in the heat for too long. Then I noticed a section has a spider-webby mold on it. Because this is chocolate, I can not see any mold-color in the bread.

I even checked the date and it was still within the expiration period. Needless to say, I had to throw it away. Was extremely disappointed that I could not enjoy it. Left a bad taste in my mouth from that one little bite.

Now, as I type this, I keep burping that nasty aftertaste. This is a huge health hazard if this is indeed mold.

Product or Service Mentioned: Hostess Brands Chocolate Chip Muffin.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Monetary Loss: $3.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 08.
Do You Have Something To Say ?
Write a review

Comments

Terms of Service
Post Comment
Cancel
Anonymous
#1598583

It would have been fun to culture that stuff in a Petri dish just to see what it grew into. Even more entertaining would have been to identify and study the various organisms.

Although I wouldn't consider eating one, I'll have my wife look out for green ones at the store ...

I'll post on this forum if I can I.D. that stuff.

You May Also Like