Wood Dale, Illinois
100% full Not resolved
3.9
Additional Fees

Our family typically enjoy hostess cupcakes and I purchased them as a sweet staple at home for when we have a sweet tooth and crave a quick dessert.I purchased the limited novelty item for the 4th of July weekend.

The taste of these cupcakes were terrible. Each of us took a *** to confirm the chemical gas/metal compound smell and taste. It was terribly disappointing. Was not edible.

It was well within the expiration time We tasted these on July 1st. Expiration date July 21,2016 Numbers below exp. date is: 0 051721000 138 L32 05:03 Purchased them from Big Lots in Addison, Illinois.

Please advise if you need additional information.I can be reached at nellyjramirez@comcast.net

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: All the products.

I didn't like: Recent experience with chemical taste of cupcakes.

Had an Experience with Hostess Brands?

Comments

jaclyn
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States #1268385

I agree, Hostess has really gone downhill.

Hostess Brands - Classic White Bread tastes and smells horrifically. Hostess Brands "The Hostess white bread I got today looked decent, but contained a wretched stench of mold as soon as I opened the package. I checked the expiration date (which was..." Read more Hostess Brands - Horrible Hostess Brands "We brought 2 packages of Hostess donettes and everything is different from the package, donut taste and size. The package is terrible and so cheap the zip tie to keep..." Read more Hostess Brands - Hostess Donettes - Mold on Mini Donuts in bottom of bag Hostess Brands "Purchased a bag of Hostess Powdered Mini Donuts on Friday 7/29/2016. Opened bag the next morning. Immediately noticed a foul odor coming from the bag. The donuts..." Read more Hostess Brands - Very upset Hostess Brands "I love Twinkies I have from the beginning, But I just bought a box of them and they are half the size as they were. They were almost flat I..." Read more Directv - Pay about $2000 a year for their non sevice and buy the MLB and Sunday Ticket. Directv "Have a problem? Can't get the Sunday Ticket on mobile devices. Spend $25 dollars more for HD if you want that! I called Mike White, CEO no response! Here are..." Read more Lazada Malaysia - Lazada bad Customer Services Lazada Malaysia "1. Chat CS cancelled my order and deny mistake. **I have chat records as proof. 2. Email to CS, log complaint politely, but has been ignored too. They purposely help/cover..." Read more Lippert Components - Lippert furniture Lippert Components "We purchased a new 2016 Bighorn 5th wheel, it came with the upgraded Lippert theater seats. Which looked good, they had vibrate and heat. within 6 months the heat went..." Read more Interim Healthcare - My experience was a lack of communication. The Aide from them complained about their lack of communicating. When the Aide could not come, they very seldom had a replacement, even though the Aide said Interim Healthcare "Interim dropped my son as a client when they were the ones failing to keep their commitment. If for any reason an Aide could not come, they would make minimum..." Read more