I purchased a pack of powdered doughnuts at sheetz today 1/20/16 in harrisburg, pa and opened them & IMMEDIATELY it smelled of strong chemicals.Basically smelled exactly like a nail salon.

I def wasnt going to eat them but thought maybe it was in my head so tried half of 1 & spit it right back out. Also found furry mold inside another. I started googling which led me here & searched twitter.

Apparently this is a wide spread problem.Im disgusted!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of hostess brands doughnut. Hostess Brands needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned hostess brands doughnut in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Hostess Brands. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Little Debbie.

Had an Experience with Hostess Brands?

Comments

I am having the same problem.I just opened a package of the "crunch" donuts and popped one on my mouth.

Yuck! They tasted like burnt plastic/chemicals. They definitely smell awful. I've been googling it.

Your review is the most recent one I have found. I found several a year or two old. Evidently this has been going on for awhile.

That makes me even more disappointed.