Kirksville, Missouri

The Hostess white bread I got today looked decent, but contained a wretched stench of mold as soon as I opened the package.I checked the expiration date (which was perfectly fine) and for mold (none to report).

However, there was still a lingering, terrible smell. I decided to make a sandwich just in case it was only an odd smell, but it tasted just as bad. I almost vomited. I even had my friend check it out for me, in case I was going crazy, but she agreed.

There is something wrong with the bread and what ingredients are used to make it. Whatever it is, I hope it isn't for budgeting costs, because I am never buying this product again and Hostess is losing a customer.

I hope the company can fix this (nevertheless actually read the review of this comment).If the bread has been smelling like this for so long and it has not been fixed, then that reflects on Hostess's diligence and care for their customers instead of money and mass production.

Review about: Hostess Classic White Bread.

I didn't like: Poor quality, Smelled and tasted like mold.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Hostess Brands White Bread
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Hostess Brands?

Comments

Jackson, Tennessee, United States #1279717

I bought the hostess white bread because it was the only type at the store I was shopping .The smell is enough to make me vomit !

Smells rotten , spoiled , sour....Looks fine ?

Louisville, Kentucky, United States #1216090

I just bought a loaf of hostess white bread, which I normally don't but that is all the drug store had and it was late.Anyway, I put a couple of slices in the toaster because I wanted some peanut butter toast.

I started smelling this really weird smell. At first I thought it was my nails because I had them done earlier but then while I was eating the toast I realized it was THE BREAD that smelled like that.

That's how strong it was people, I thought it was finger nail polish smell!!!!!I will never buy this bread again, gross!!!!

to Anonymous Jackson, Tennessee, United States #1279718

I had the same experience . Can't get the smell out of my nose!!

Detroit, Michigan, United States #1208193

Omg yes and if you noticed the dates on the white bread state its good for 2 months almost 3, what the heck us in it for it to stay perserved that long?Impossible for it to not be really bad.

The donuts omg, just bought this bag and they smell like playdough and taste of strong chemicals.

Heres a pic of its ingredients with egg being the very last meaning the very least in the mix.Im taking this as far as i can!!!!

Corning, California, United States #1197991