Hostess Brands - Classic White Bread tastes and smells horrifically.

62 of 144 Hostess Brands reviews

The Hostess white bread I got today looked decent, but contained a wretched stench of mold as soon as I opened the package.I checked the expiration date (which was perfectly fine) and for mold (none to report).

However, there was still a lingering, terrible smell. I decided to make a sandwich just in case it was only an odd smell, but it tasted just as bad. I almost vomited. I even had my friend check it out for me, in case I was going crazy, but she agreed.

There is something wrong with the bread and what ingredients are used to make it. Whatever it is, I hope it isn't for budgeting costs, because I am never buying this product again and Hostess is losing a customer.

I hope the company can fix this (nevertheless actually read the review of this comment).If the bread has been smelling like this for so long and it has not been fixed, then that reflects on Hostess's diligence and care for their customers instead of money and mass production.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Poor quality
    • Smelled and tasted like mold

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Product or service
Hostess Classic White Bread
Review category
Food Manufacturers
review #898304

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Hostess Brands? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
62 of 144 Hostess Brands reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 21 #1216090 Louisville, Kentucky, United States

I just bought a loaf of hostess white bread, which I normally don't but that is all the drug store had and it was late. Anyway, I put a couple of slices in the toaster because I wanted some peanut butter toast. I started smelling this really weird smell. At first I thought it was my nails because I had them done earlier but then while I was eating the toast I realized it was THE BREAD that smelled like that. That's how strong it was people, I thought it was finger nail polish smell!!!!! I will never buy this bread again, gross!!!!

Sep 05 #1208193 Detroit, Michigan, United States

Omg yes and if you noticed the dates on the white bread state its good for 2 months almost 3, what the heck us in it for it to stay perserved that long? Impossible for it to not be really bad. The donuts omg, just bought this bag and they smell like playdough and taste of strong chemicals. Heres a pic of its ingredients with egg being the very last meaning the very least in the mix. Im taking this as far as i can!!!!

Aug 11 #1197821

Please contact Hostess Brands directly to discuss your concerns: 1-800-483-7253

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Hostess Brands. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Hostess Brands.
Filing a new complaint about
×