Louisiana, Missouri

I bought a package out of the vending machine at work on December 1st, 2015.They had not yet expired, but would be by December 19th, 2015.

I didn't look at the expiration until after the incident. Within the first ***, the smell was very distinct and horrible and I feel as though I've been poisoned. This is ridiculous and shouldn't be allowed to happen.

I am actually very concerned, threw the rest away and kept one incase I was poisoned and needed medical attention.You should be ashamed!

Review about: Hostess Brands Dolly Madison Cakes.

I didn't like: Paint thinner taste, Aware of the issue since 2013 but refuse to correct the issue, Poor quality.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Hostess Brands?

Comments

OMG!Purchased some Hostess Mini powdered donuts in Cartersville, GA.

First donut, I noticed a chemical taste. Absolutely disgusting but couldn't spit it out. Hostess should be ashamed. I'm saving them in a zip lock bag in the event I become ill from the 1 I ate.

Even better as evidence for a class action lawsuit.

You should be ashamed Hostess!Your CEO and shareholders should have to consume these things.

Similar experience in Lake Forest, CA.The donette tasted and smelled like some organic chemical.

Expiration date is Dec 19 2015. Code C 101521000 288 08:55 3. Actually ate the first one and thought it was strange.

Tried the second and spit it out.Hostess is willing to analyze them and is sending a package for return.

capn
Portland, Oregon, United States #1073917

I had the same exact issue today in Oregon. The "donettes" smell like acetone. I tried to eat one thinking my coffee had effected my taste buds but stopped after that due to the foul chemical taste in what was supposed to be a guilty pleasure.

I literally had the same experience today.The date on mine was 12/18.

I took one *** immediately had that terrible chemical tasted, almost like gasoline.

I also saved one and the wrapper just in case.I texted my husband and told my coworkers about the donuts too, just in case something happens to me while I am at work.

Felicity80
to Anonymous #1072234

I also saved the wrapper.I had several coworkers also smell it for confirmation.

I made sure multiple people knew just in case something happened to me as well.

It is sad that we feel we must take precautions like that, but obviously the company has been receiving these complaints for over two years now and the problem still exists.I would be so upset right now if this was my child instead of myself.